Friday, February 4, 2011

Bacon-Wrapped Dates

In light of the Superbowl, I thought I would post a few appetizers.  I absolutely LOVE Cafe Vino in Fort Collins and they serve the greatest Bacon-Wrapped Dates ever.  I went home and tried to mimic them, minus the goat cheese, and they turned out great.  I make a Balsamic reduction to go over the top of them, but it isn't necessary...they are yum without it.

Bacon-Wrapped Dates

Ingredients:

6 slices bacon, cut into thirds (I used thick-cut)
18 pitted dates (buy good quality, fresh dates, like Medjool's from Sprouts)

Method:

Preheat oven to 350 F.  Wrap each pitted date with 1/3 slice of bacon and "pin" with toothpick.  Arrange on baking sheet and bake until bacon is cooked; about 20 minutes.

Balsamic Reduction:

1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
2 TBSP raw, unfiltered honey

Method:

Combine vinegar and honey in small sauce pan. Heat over medium heat until vinegar starts to boil. Stir constantly until vinegar reduces and you are left with a thicker sauce (about 5 mins).  Pour over bacon-wrapped dates.

No comments:

Post a Comment