Thursday, July 21, 2011

OMG...It's Paleo Ice Cream!!!

For those of you who don't know, ice cream is my favorite thing on Earth.  Ok...that might be a slight exaggeration, but I really love it.  We are in week two of a 7 week Paleo challenge and I am pretty much hating my life for having ice cream taken away in the middle of summer.  Our dear friend Jamie Kimberlin gave me this recipe; I believe she got it from Health Bent.

Banana Ice Cream

Ingredients:

3-4 ripe bananas (should be starting to turn brown at minimum)
1/2 cup coconut milk (from can)
1 TBSP vanilla extract

Method:

Slice bananas into rounds and freeze over night.  Combine all ingredients in food processor or blender and mix until smooth.  Serve immediately.

How easy is THAT???

ZONE BLOCKS FOR ENTIRE BATCH (BASED ON 3 BANANAS USED): FAT - 7, CARBS - 9

2 comments:

  1. This worked with peaches as well! Freeze the (sliced and skinned) peaches. When you freeze the peaches, they will clump so perhaps use a sheet pan. Get the peaches in and then add coconut milk as needed to the food processor... throw in a flavoring like vanilla if you like.

    I would say that 3 large peaches is too much for a 9 cup food processor as it didn't mush easily. I might have decimated a wooden spoon trying to get it to mix. Don't do that. Wood chips aren't good for the texture... but still paleo :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Add a few almonds shavings/pieces or other nuts and you have a perfect paleo-zone meal!!

    ReplyDelete