Coconut Fried Chicken = Fabulous
(This one is actually an original…hope you like it as much as I do!)
2 medium chicken breasts
½ cup coconut flour
½ cup shredded, unsweetened coconut
¼ cup almond meal
½ tsp pepper
½ tsp paprika
¼ tsp garlic powder
¼ tsp onion powder
1 egg, beaten.
¼ cup coconut oil
Sea salt (optional)
1. Remove excess fat from chicken breasts and cut into tenders. These cook better when sliced on the thin side.
2. In medium bowl, mix next 7 ingredients.
3. In small bowl, beat egg.
4. Coat each piece of chicken with egg, then place in mixture and coat thoroughly.
5. Heat coconut oil in medium skillet at medium-low heat.
6. Place coated chicken tenders in skillet and cook completely through. Meat should be opaque and white all the way through. Do not overcook, or you will have very chewy chicken!
7. Line plate with paper towels.
8. Place cooked tenders on paper towels to cool, sprinkle with sea salt.
NOTE: If you cannot cook the entire batch at once, you may need to clean skillet and replace coconut oil. Otherwise you may end up with dirty-looking fried chicken.