Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Almond Coconut Curry Chicken

I made this recipe last night and it might be the most delicious thing I've ever gifted my taste buds. Seriously.  Make it, you will not regret it. 

I  made a huge batch and just kept the sauce separate to keep the chicken from getting soggy. I also pan-fried some of the chicken that had just been marinated, without breading it, and it is nearly as good as the breaded version, just much quicker and easier to make.

Almond Coconut Chicken with Curry sauce



Ingredients:

6-8 boneless, skinless chicken breasts

Coconut Marinade:

2 Whole Eggs
½ Cup Coconut Milk
1 teaspoon curry paste
½ teaspoon Kosher Salt

Almond Breading:

¼ cup Coconut Flour
1 Cup Almond Flour
½ Cup Dry Coconut unsweetened
½ teaspoon Kosher Salt

Sauce:

2 TB Almond Butter
1 + tsp. Curry Paste
½ Can Coconut Milk
½ teaspoon Sea Salt

Method:

I used 8 chicken breasts. Cut into strips. Mix marinade and add chicken. Store in refrigerator for 1-2 hours

Preheat oven to 425°. Heat some coconut oil in a pan. Mix almond breading. Take each chicken strip from marinade and coat in breading.

Place in heated oil and sear till golden on each side. Then place all chicken on a cookie sheet and bake in oven for about 10 minutes.

Mix and heat sauce.

I served this over a bed of sauteed spinach.

No comments:

Post a Comment