Monday, October 25, 2010

Pomegranate Pork Chops

I decided to get creative last night. For some reason, Sunday is my day for culinary creativity. Well yesterday I had zero desire to hit up the grocery store, so I had to be creative with what I already had. I had also forgotten to thaw any meat and I have an aversion to the defrost setting on the microwave (don't ask why, I have no logical answer; it just freaks me out). What I did have thawed was two super thick pork chops. I don't cook pork much (save bacon), so my creativity was really being tested. I would say I passed the test with a B...flavor is good, preparation is easy, but not the greatest thing I've ever made. You may be the judge if you like.

Ingredients:

4 thin Pork Chops (or fillet two thick pork chops so you have about 1/2" thickness)
1/4 C Olive Oil
2 TBSP Apple Cider Vinegar
1 TBSP Balsamic Vinegar
2 TBSP Garlic, minced or chopped
1/2 tsp Thyme
1 tsp Cinnamon
1/2 tsp Nutmeg
1/2 C Pomegranate Seeds
1/4 C chopped Pecans

Method:

Combine all ingredients, except pomegranate seeds, in large ziplock bag and marinate for 30 minutes.

Heat large skillet on low-medium. Place contents of ziplock in skillet and cook 5-6 minutes each side, or watch for edges of pork chops to turn white, then flip.

Top cooked pork chops with pomegranate seeds and pecans. I served this with spiced Brussels sprouts and it was a great combination!

No comments:

Post a Comment