Thursday, November 18, 2010

Chicken Soup For The Primal Soul

Fall has officially fell and so have the temperatures. I hate being cold. I sat in my office today with my coat and scarf on. I think management is trying to save money by refusing to heat the building. Regardless, all I could think about was something to warm me up and what does that better than homemade chicken soup?

Chicken Soup

Ingredients:

2 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1" cubes
2 small zucchini, halved and sliced
1 large onion, chopped
3 carrots, sliced
3 stalks celery, sliced
8 oz mushrooms, sliced
1 can diced tomatos
3 cups chicken broth
2 cups water
4 TBSP minced garlic
1/2 tsp thyme
1/2 tsp basil
sea salt, to taste
black pepper, to taste
red pepper flakes if you want to add some spice

Method:

Combine all ingredients in large pot. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and cover. Simmer for 1 hour minimum.

*NOTE* This can also be made in the Crock pot. Just set pot to low and cook 8 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment