Monday, November 29, 2010

Leftover Turkey Scramble

I have an entire menu to post from Thanksgiving. I managed to keep it entirely Paleo and it was delightful. I really didn't miss any of items I omitted because the rest was so good! That said, I still have a refrigerator full of turkey and you probably do as well. I made a great breakfast scramble with it. Here's what it takes to serve 4.

Ingredients:

4 oz roasted turkey breast, chopped
8 eggs, beaten
2 TBSP green onions, chopped
2 TBSP olive oil
4 oz mushrooms, sliced
4 slices bacon
1 cup raw spinach
Sea salt to taste
Black pepper to taste

Method:

Pan fry bacon until almost crisp. Blot with paper towel to remove grease and coarsely chop. Pour out bacon grease and add olive oil to pan. Saute turkey, green onions, mushrooms, and spinach until spinach and mushrooms are wilted. Remove from pan, set aside. Pour eggs into pan and scramble. Just before they are done, add in all remaining ingredients. Salt and pepper to taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment